How to Choose a Restoration Company
When you’ve had water or fire damage at your Oxford area home or business, your first step after the flooding has been stopped or fire is out will be to find a restoration company.
Unless you have a family member or friend who swears by a particular company that they’ve had experience with, you will find yourself typing in a internet search and trying to choose a company based on the results.
We understand that it’s hard to pick a trustworthy company from the internet, especially when you may be in a state of distress and under a time constraint. Internet ratings and reviews such as on Google and Facebook are a good way to see what kind of experience others in your community have had with a company. We also recommend that you make sure potential restoration company meets the following criteria:
- Choose Local. When your house has damage, it’s important that the company you hire is locally owned and operated. The last thing that you need during the restoration process is being out on hold by a customer service representative in another state. SERVPRO of Shelton, Naugatuck is locally owned and our office staff and technicians live here too. They understand the unique situation that you are in first hand.
- Check Credentials. Make sure that the restoration company that you hire is fully licensed to do restoration and contracting work in the state of Connecticut. A certified restoration professional demonstrates that the company has received extensive training and is in good standing. The technicians on our staff are IICRC certified and skilled in using high-tech restoration equipment and employing advanced restoration methodologies.
- Use only an Insured Restoration Company. Insurance protects the technicians working onsite as well as you, the property owner. Any injuries to the homeowner or workers that result from the restoration process are covered by general liability insurance. Damage to the property itself that occurs as a consequence to the restoration work performed is also covered under the company’s insurance.
- Inquire About the Companies Availability. When water disasters strike, such as in weather related flooding or frozen pipes, the damage is often widespread throughout the community. A small restoration company may not have the resources to respond to the job quickly and complete the work in an expedient manner. SERVPRO of Shelton, Naugatuck is available 24/7 and we have a large crew so when widespread damage occurs, we can meet ALL of our customers needs.
- Ask for References. If you’d like to speak to a previous customer or two before hiring a restoration company, don’t be shy about asking for references. Choosing who to care for your home can be a big decision and having the assurance from somebody who has been in your situation can really help!